This three-day, hands-on training provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to troubleshoot VMware Horizon 8 infrastructure. This workshop teaches the required skill and competence for troubleshooting Horizon Connection Server, Unified Access Gateway, protocols, connections, and certificates.
This course also provides a challenge lab designed to present participants with infrastructure issues that may arise in actual Horizon environments. The lab objective is to put into practice the contents covered during the training to create a working environment.
- VMware Horizon 8 v210
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Discuss Connection Server advanced configurations.
- List troubleshooting techniques for Connection Server common issues.
- Interpret VMware Horizon 8 Connection Server logs.
- Identify UAG configuration and certificate issues.
- List troubleshooting steps for UAG common issues.
- Describe BLAST configuration verification using logs and settings.
- Describe BLAST optimization recommendations for different use cases.
- Describe VMware Horizon 8 Connections and how to troubleshoot related issues.
- Describe VMware Horizon 8 Certificates.
- List troubleshooting steps for VMware Horizon 8 certificates common issues.
- Describe Cloud Pod Architecture troubleshooting scenarios
- Identify and fix problems in a VMware Horizon environment
Tier 1 system administrators, and integrators responsible for managing and maintaining VMware Horizon Infrastructure.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database