VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administrator and Troubleshooting is a five-day combination course of VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration & VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Troubleshooting. This training collection gives you the skills to install and configure a virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing and configuring VMware Horizon® through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to install and configure VMware Horizon® Connection Server™, VMware Unified Access Gateway™, how to configure a load balancer for use with Horizon, and how to establish Cloud Pod Architecture.
Also, this course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to troubleshoot VMware Horizon 8 infrastructure. This workshop teaches the required skill and competence for troubleshooting Horizon Connection Server, Unified Access Gateway, protocols, connections, and certificates.
This course provides a challenge lab designed to present participants with infrastructure issues that may arise in actual Horizon environments. The lab objective is to put into practice the contents covered during the training to create a working environment.
VMware Horizon 8 v2103
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify VMware Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture and requirements
- Describe the authentication and certificate options for a Horizon environment
- Recognize the integration process and benefits of Workspace ONE Access and Horizon 8
- Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon
- Describe the 3D rendering options available in Horizon 8
- Discuss scalability options available in Horizon 8
- Describe different security options for Horizon environment
- Discuss Connection Server advanced configurations.
- List troubleshooting techniques for Connection Server common issues.
- Interpret VMware Horizon 8 Connection Server logs.
- Identify Unified Access Gateway configuration and certificate problems.
- List troubleshooting steps for Unified Access Gateway common problems.
- Describe BLAST configuration verification using logs and settings.
- Describe BLAST optimization recommendations for different use cases.
- Describe VMware Horizon 8 Connections and how to troubleshoot related problems.
- Describe VMware Horizon 8 Certificates.
- List troubleshooting steps for VMware Horizon 8 certificates common issues.
- Describe Cloud Pod Architecture troubleshooting scenarios
- Identify and fix problems in a VMware Horizon environment
Tier 1 system administrators, and integrators responsible for managing and maintaining VMware Horizon Infrastructure.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database