This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customised desktop environment to end users.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- identify VMware Horizon components
- install and configure View Connection Server
- install and configure virtual desktops
- configure and manage VMware Horizon Client systems
- configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
- configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
- configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
- use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
- configure secure access to virtual desktops
- use VMware User Environment Manager to manage user personalisation and application configurations
- describe steps to deploy profile management
- use VMware App Volumes to provision and manage applications
- manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment.
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services
Customers attending this course should have at a minimum the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- use VMware vSphere Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, data-stores, and networks
- open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server and access the guest operating system
- create snapshots of virtual machines
- configure guest customisation specifications
- modify virtual machine properties
- convert a virtual machine into a template
- deploy a virtual machine from a template.
Attendees should have at a minimum the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronisation
- restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- configure Windows systems to allow Remote Desktop Connections
- build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database.