This three-day course builds your skills in application management using VMware App Volumes™ and VMware User Environment Manager™. You learn how to use App Volumes to deliver applications and data to desktops and users in seconds. You gain skills in managing application lifecycles from installation to update and replacement. You also learn how to use User Environment Manager to provide personalization and dynamic policy configuration across virtual, physical, and cloud-based environments to simplify end-user profile management.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features and functions of App Volumes and User Environment Manager
- Understand the architectures of App Volumes and User Environment Manager
- Install and configure App Volumes
- Create and deploy AppStacks and Writable Volumes
- Install and configure User Environment Manager
- Manage application configurations, user environment settings, and personalization settings
- Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for implementing VMware Horizon®, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, and RDSH solutions
It is recommended that you attend the following self-paced eLearning courses before attending this course:
- VMware Horizon 7 Fundamentals
- VMware App Volumes Fundamentals
- VMware User Environment Manager Fundamentals
- VMware ThinApp® Fundamentals
Experience with virtualized desktop implementation is helpful.