The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS (SSFIPS) v4.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Firepower® Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS). This hands-on course gives you the knowledge and skills to use the platform features and includes firewall security concepts, platform architecture and key features; in-depth event analysis including detection of network-based malware and file type, NGIPS tuning and configuration including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls; Snort® rules language; file and malware inspection, security intelligence, and network analysis policy configuration designed to detect traffic patterns; configuration and deployment of correlation policies to take action based on events detected; troubleshooting; system and user administration tasks, and more.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower (300-710 SNCF), which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Network Security Firepower certifications. The 300-710 SNCF exam has a second preparation course as well, Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW). You can take these courses in any order.
How you’ll benefit
This course will help you:
- Implement Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS to stop threats, address attacks, increase vulnerability prevention against suspicious files, and analyze for not-yet-identified threats
- Gain leading-edge skills for high-demand responsibilities focused on security
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the components of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense and the managed device registration process
- Detail Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFW) traffic control and configure the Cisco Firepower system for network discovery
- Implement access control policies and describe access control policy advanced features
- Configure security intelligences features and the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Networks implementation procedure for file control and advanced malware protection
- Implement and manage intrusion and network analysis policies for NGIPS inspection
- Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Integrate the Cisco Firepower Management Center with an external logging destination
- Describe and demonstrate the external alerting options available to Cisco Firepower Management Center and configure a correlation policy
- Describe key Cisco Firepower Management Center software update and user account management features
- Identify commonly misconfigured settings within the Cisco Firepower Management Center and use basic commands to troubleshoot a Cisco Firepower Threat Defense device
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environment.
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture.
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and IPS.