This 4-day course offers hands-on experience with the major features of Spring and Spring Boot, which includes configuration, data access, REST, AOP, auto-configuration, actuator, security, and Spring testing framework to build enterprise and microservices applications. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise and cloud-ready applications.
This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- pring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect oriented programming with Spring
- Testing Spring applications using JUnit 5
- Spring Data Access – JDBC, JPA and Spring Data
- Spring Transaction Management
- Simplifying application development with Spring Boot
- Spring Boot auto-configuration, starters and properties
- Build a simple REST application using Spring Boot, embedded Web Server and fat JARs or classic WARs
- Implementing REST client applications using RestTemplate
- Utilize Spring Boot enhancements to testing
- Spring Security
- Enable and extend metrics and monitoring capabilities using Spring Boot actuator
Application developers who want to increase their understanding of Spring and Spring Boot with hands-on experience and a focus on fundamentals.
Some developer experience using Java, an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ) and build tools such as Maven or Gradle