Cisco SD-WAN Operation and Deployment (SDWFND) v2.0 course provides a comprehensive overview of the Cisco® Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution and Cisco SD-WAN components such as vManage, vSmart and vBond.
You will learn how to deploy, manage, and operate a secure, programmable, and scalable SD-WAN fabric using IOS XE Cisco SD-WAN products. The course also covers how to configure, operate, and monitor overlay routing across the Cisco SD-WAN network. In addition, you will learn about data and control policies, and how to deploy Quality of Service (QoS) and Direct Internet Access (DIA) in the SD-WAN overlay network.
The course will allow you to earn 16 Continuing Education (CE) credits toward recertification.
How you’ll benefit
This class will help you learn to use Cisco SD-WAN to:
- Establish transport-independent WAN for lower cost and higher diversity
- Meet SLAs for business-critical and real-time applications
- Provide end-to-end segmentation for protecting critical enterprise compute resources
- Extend seamlessly into the public cloud
- Optimize the user experience for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
After taking this training, you should be able to:
- Identify the various network elements of the Cisco SD-WAN solution.
- Deploy WAN Edge routers.
- Create templates to aid in the deployment and operation of the Cisco SD-WAN network.
- Configure and verify Cisco SD-WAN overlay routing.
- Create simple policies to control traffic flow through the Cisco SD-WAN fabric.
- System integrators
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Solutions designers
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Strong understanding of enterprise WAN design
- Strong understanding of routing protocol operation, including interior and exterior routing protocol operation
- Familiarity with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and IP Security (IPsec)
These recommended Cisco learning offerings may help students meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR)